- Do you worry about your teen/young adult struggling more now due to a lack of in-person socialization?
- Do you wish they were embracing the moment more, regardless of what is happening in the world?
A possible solution: INTERACTIVE MEETINGS for teens/young adults on Zoom, every week.
- During the COVID crisis, teens/young adults have been feeling isolated, bored and often misunderstood on how they’re being impacted. They are grieving the loss of freedom and human connection. Many are missing the typical stimulation they have become accustomed to and are feeling depressed as they find themselves in isolation, often just sitting in their rooms. They miss their social lives and are desperately in need of meaningful conversation — especially about things that matter most to them.
- Let’s face it, online schooling is not stimulating for most kids. Right now, schools are focused on having students achieve tasks, often with linear patterns of problem solving (left-side of the brain). As a consequence, creative ways of engaging their students’ right side of the brain have been lacking. What this means is that a majority of my clients are just doing the minimum to maintain their grades.
How do we help? By fostering an environment for SAFE, STIMULATING, and REAL conversations about what is happening in the world and how we can live our lives to our best abilities. I am confident processing these matters in such a setting will bring relief and positivity into their lives.
- Often times uncertainty can signify opportunity. That’s what we are now facing with COVID. Let’s help our kids reframe these events as an opportunity.
- They need our help. Therefore I will be starting online Zoom groups next week! I will have one meeting focused on high school aged clients and another one designed for college age young adults.
Clients who join this Zoom meeting group will:
- Participate in a 45 minute weekly group conference with their peers, facilitated by me.
- Please know this will be a safe space where there will be no pressure to speak up and nobody will be singled out.
- Engagement is encouraged but certainly not required.
- People can voice their opinions during a live conference, or make a comment in the private chat or to the group, or just sit back and enjoy being with a community.
- Learn about powerful, relevant content that can be utilized in their day-to-day lives.
- Feel connection with peers.
- Gain a sense of purpose, and learn to live at your best within the chaos.
- Cost is $100/month. I kept the financial cost as minimal as possible, given the financial strain we’re all facing.
While this forum may not offer the same level of personal connection as my private clients obtain from our one-on-one coaching sessions, it will help provide a start for those new to working with me as well as tangible help for teens/young adults. I hope it will also give them something to look forward to each week.
Please feel free to invite others into the mix by sharing this email. My contact information is below. Or, if you’d like me to personally reach out to a friend or colleague, please just send me an email at email@example.com. The first group will be starting next week! Thursday May 7th at 11am. I will break groups up accordingly depending on the response I get.
Todd Kestin, LCSW